QuickBooks error 6073 is one of the errors that the users might come across. This type of error is usually seen when the user tries to open the company file .qbw in multi-user mode. This error can be caused due to a handful of factors, which we will be discussing later in this post. Thus, make sure that go through the post carefully and resolve the QuickBooks error code 6073 and 99001. This error code comes up with an error message stating that
“QuickBooks is unable to open this company file. It may have been opened by another user. You should ask that user to switch to multi-user mode, so you can both use the company file at the same time.”
The causes and solutions to QuickBooks error code 6073 are listed below in this post. Or you can also get in touch with our U.S based best accounting professional at our toll-free customer support number i.e. 1-800-761-1787.
Causes of QuickBooks error 6073
The user can end up in the QuickBooks error code 6073, due to the below factors:
· The file is open on another PC in single user mode
· Also, the file is being located in a read only network folder
· Another reason can be the records are hosted on a Linux server and are using multiple login credentials to sign on to the shared folder
· The documents is accessed using a remote operating system and host system identifies that the user is still logged on.
Steps to resolve the QuickBooks error code 6073
The user can fix the QuickBooks error 6073 by carrying out the steps related to the network data file is unavailable or corrupted. The steps involved in this process are:
· The user will first have to right click the start tab and open windows explorer
· And then, look for the folder with QuickBooks company file
· Also, right click on the company file with the network data and QB company file extension
· The user will then have to change the file extension from to .nold and press enter key
· After that, the user needs to open QuickBooks and open the company file
· Lastly, QuickBooks will create another network data file for the company file
Alternate methods you can try:
2. Run the Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tools Hub
3. Fix Corrupted or unavailable network data file
4. End all the running programs
By now you might be well versed with the steps to fix the QuickBooks error code 6073 and 99001. However, if you have any query, feel free to call us at our toll-free customer number i.e. 1-800-761-1787. Our QuickBooks error support team and certified accounting professionals will help you in fixing the error with much ease.